UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

India1,201 reviews

Found 1,201 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,217 reviews

Nice place to start your career

It was awesome from day one, nice culture, supportive management. Open for feedbacks and implementing them. Was there for v short period of time but made some nice memories and met some fantastic and intresting people.

Pros

Multiple free meals, free transport

Work life balance can be acheived

Best company to work and peacful atmosphere. No stress. Work life balance is maintained. Work culture is very well. People can learn new things and go forward

UnitedHealth Group insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Supportive environment

Average company

United health group was very good company . After it changed to optum so worst management added. Need to improve management and increase salary for existing employees.

Good company

Good company to learn new technologies and for your career growth.Good work cultureSupportive team membersGood managementOverall good company to work

A great place to learn and develop career with below par management

UHG is a healthcare organisation and there are plethora of opportunities for learning. Careers can be developed in various verticals - IT, Shared Services, Analytics, WFM & HR to name a few.There is too much of office politics and management is below par as far as my experience goes. I worked there for around 11 years and organisation does provide the growth opportunities as well. Work culture otherwise is quite fine but bad management makes it average. If one has god father in management may get salary hike twice a year too.

Pros

Learning and growth opportunities, great transport

Cons

Average management, too much of politics and favourtism

Work culture is good

A very good company to work with . People are collaborative. Working on new technology. Exposure talking to people from various countries . A product based company environment.

Great and happy environment to work

It's a great platform to acheive your goals this is the best place for those who are dedicated and hardworking towards their carrier and professional Life

Best class company

I love working with United Health Group. I have one of industry's best leaders they supported me both proffesionally and in bad times. They took best of care for their employees during covid. Higher management is employee friendly; they will listen you & respect your opinions. Honestly this place has polished me as a person also my leaders made me confident of my choices. Salary deposited on time. Job security 100/100. Stress is same like any other company. Cut throat competition but your position is always safe. :)Thanks UHG for shaping my careerWill always owe you!!

Pros

Best company to start your career

Cons

Long Hours and Politics at higher leadership level.

Productive and also have fun. V can balce wrk life n personal life easily.

Best place for freshers to start their career. Productive and also have fun. We can balancce wrk life n personal life easily. Management helps in everything we need. job security is unremarkable.

Worked for 3 years. Fun place. Large teams. Each day is filled with new learnings and assignments. Team is very supportive. You get exposure to latest technologies. The management works hard to incorporate the organisation culture in each member of the team.

Pros

Great work life balance. Good culture.

Cons

Nothing as such. Growth is relatively slower as it's a big organisation.

Great package

The company was very generous at the salary scale even at the time of pandemic. Even now after having multiple shutdown of processes they didn't fail to provide different jobs at different departments to the jobless ones.

Pros

Free lunch, snacks etc

Cons

Work Pressure

Quality

United Health Group focus on quality, work environment, office culture great work life balance innovation is top priority in this company, always learn new things, learning and development program conducted by company you can enroll as per your skill which want to develop.

Pros

Work environment office culture

Cons

Long working hours 9:30

Lots of politics. Good for politicians but not techqui guys. Thats the reason high class members doesn't stay there for more than a year.

Very cheap politics. They hired IITs and IIM candidates initially and 90% of them left in firdt 2 yewrs.Local tenured ppl are in mgmt and they don't like others to grow as they are not at all competent hence will start using politics.Fun or Irritating thing is, They pretend to be skilled but cannot even guide or mentor you/team on simple issues . :)

Pros

Wfh, depends on manager

Cons

Politics is in UHG DNA, you will not learn any thing there except politics.

Production

Where we had fun with the work and free with the team, for making production increment, by doing the work on time, finishing our targets, where we had quiz activities.

overall good experience

Its a good place for learning technology, domain and process. Most of the leaders are approachable and empathetic to employees. Salary and Benefits are also good

Pros

Good team and leadership with good salary and benefits

Cons

Things are driven from US

Good awards

Worthiness of an award is brought down. People are pleased through awards. Values are spoken a lot but not followed even a bit. Due to good salaries, senior people stick there and do everything to save themselves.

Pros

Good amount of awards

Cons

Everything is based on decisions from US

Productive and fun work place

Good place to work, good management and great environment. Job security but salary is less and less career growth. Cab facility, cafetaria and gym facility.

Pros

Cab facility, Monday to Friday

Cons

Work for 9:30 hrs

Work life balance, good salary, learning

I worked for uhg india, now known as optum for about 7 year and it could work so long only because the company has good work life balance and good work culture. There is no restrictions on learning new technologies or increasing knowledge. Vast resources as available to learn. Salary is good too.

Pros

Office cabs, shift timing

Cons

Difficult to move internally on ijp

Good environment and good workplace

Medical facilities is advantage of low salaried employees.. Only promotion every year not given by seniors. Parsaility in award and seating arrangements. No advance pc provide by co. No intimate about our incentive like yearly rrp , also not check our balance leave at the time of appraisal.

Pros

Cafeteria available

Cons

10 hour work compulsory for archive targets.

Productive and fun

I learnt many thing how to process the claim and how to resolve it. How to processing the claim..Management is too good supportive .Workplace culture is helpful to everyone..and the hardest part of the job its depend on think if you think it's hard so hard if you think it's easy so easy work..And the most enjoyable part is fun friday DM sir gave to pizza party and we sing a song.we play the game..

Pros

Lunch and cab

Awesome and people centric and filled with many learning opportunities

Really a good place to work. Good work culture, decent salary, many learning opportunities, employee retention efforts are much. Feel proud to be associated with UHG.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare UnitedHealth Group with