UnitedHealth Group logo

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Found 1,204 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,307 reviews

Great package

The company was very generous at the salary scale even at the time of pandemic. Even now after having multiple shutdown of processes they didn't fail to provide different jobs at different departments to the jobless ones.

Pros

Free lunch, snacks etc

Cons

Work Pressure

Quality

United Health Group focus on quality, work environment, office culture great work life balance innovation is top priority in this company, always learn new things, learning and development program conducted by company you can enroll as per your skill which want to develop.

Pros

Work environment office culture

Cons

Long working hours 9:30

Lots of politics. Good for politicians but not techqui guys. Thats the reason high class members doesn't stay there for more than a year.

Very cheap politics. They hired IITs and IIM candidates initially and 90% of them left in firdt 2 yewrs.Local tenured ppl are in mgmt and they don't like others to grow as they are not at all competent hence will start using politics.Fun or Irritating thing is, They pretend to be skilled but cannot even guide or mentor you/team on simple issues . :)

Pros

Wfh, depends on manager

Cons

Politics is in UHG DNA, you will not learn any thing there except politics.

Production

Where we had fun with the work and free with the team, for making production increment, by doing the work on time, finishing our targets, where we had quiz activities.

overall good experience

Its a good place for learning technology, domain and process. Most of the leaders are approachable and empathetic to employees. Salary and Benefits are also good

Pros

Good team and leadership with good salary and benefits

Cons

Things are driven from US

Good awards

Worthiness of an award is brought down. People are pleased through awards. Values are spoken a lot but not followed even a bit. Due to good salaries, senior people stick there and do everything to save themselves.

Pros

Good amount of awards

Cons

Everything is based on decisions from US

Productive and fun work place

Good place to work, good management and great environment. Job security but salary is less and less career growth. Cab facility, cafetaria and gym facility.

Pros

Cab facility, Monday to Friday

Cons

Work for 9:30 hrs

Work life balance, good salary, learning

I worked for uhg india, now known as optum for about 7 year and it could work so long only because the company has good work life balance and good work culture. There is no restrictions on learning new technologies or increasing knowledge. Vast resources as available to learn. Salary is good too.

Pros

Office cabs, shift timing

Cons

Difficult to move internally on ijp

Good environment and good workplace

Medical facilities is advantage of low salaried employees.. Only promotion every year not given by seniors. Parsaility in award and seating arrangements. No advance pc provide by co. No intimate about our incentive like yearly rrp , also not check our balance leave at the time of appraisal.

Pros

Cafeteria available

Cons

10 hour work compulsory for archive targets.

Productive and fun

I learnt many thing how to process the claim and how to resolve it. How to processing the claim..Management is too good supportive .Workplace culture is helpful to everyone..and the hardest part of the job its depend on think if you think it's hard so hard if you think it's easy so easy work..And the most enjoyable part is fun friday DM sir gave to pizza party and we sing a song.we play the game..

Pros

Lunch and cab

Jobs at UnitedHealth Group

See more jobs

Awesome and people centric and filled with many learning opportunities

Really a good place to work. Good work culture, decent salary, many learning opportunities, employee retention efforts are much. Feel proud to be associated with UHG.

Amazing place to work

Loved working in UHG. It supports employee and give good work life balance. Also it is innovative and good work culture. I love working in UHG and would love to work here .

Good company to work with specially HealthCare

Good memories to recall even after many years..Had chance to work with great immediate leaders and learnt a lot. The main problem is QA needs to report Development lead/manager who rarely understands QA process. This is big minus for QA team according to me.

Productive and fun workplace

I had productive, competitive and supportive environment around but I had an environment who are not relevant to my team.Of course I was the only person initially don't have team members specific to my team.I used to work independently with the stakeholders team.Its encouraging fun loving people around.

Pros

There are official free team lunches, we have attended team lunch on the occasion of my marriage.

Cons

I never stayed long hours in the office and at home.We used to follow proper work life balance.

Good culture and superb work life balance

Once you're in office, you won't be thinking anything about whatever happened before you were in office. Similarly, the office won't take even a second from you as soon as you leave the work place. Good culture.

Excellent place to work

Few managers makes our life miserable in UHG apart from that I learnt a lot and it’s a great place to work. Few managers become syndicate and ruling that Organization especially in claims side. Am not feeling like writing bad but this is true. I really loved working there and sad to say not under such idiotic manager.

Pros

Policies are great

Cons

Internal politics

Good working environment

It is a very good company for a fresher to start up there career with good salary package and opportunities to learn and enhance in various fields ..... Provides good employee benefits and very happy and healthy working environment

Friendly atmosphere at work place.

Company is providing good transportation for every employees. We have friendly atmosphere at work place. I am proud to say an optum employee.Evey month company will encourage for extraordinary performed employees.

Good

June 28, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with UnitedHealth Group - it seems as though the organization is a great fit for your career. - Tori

Productive workplace

I have started my career at United Health Group. It is one of the Places where you can kick start your career and have a high growth in the very future

June 26, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Best of luck on your continued career. -Heather

Employer installation coordinator

enthusiastic to work in any condition in a play full manner to enjoy the work given to me with dedication...and scope up with team, and collaborate with people

June 23, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Best of luck on your continued career! - Tori

Management was very proactive

A great work culture , Good leaders who motivated everyone to do fun and be productive at the same time . Job security was there , Good transportation services was there (pick and drop )

June 21, 2020
I'm glad you enjoyed your time at UnitedHealth Group. We wish you the best! - Tori

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5,377