UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews for Senior Software Engineer

Worthiness of an award is brought down. People are pleased through awards. Values are spoken a lot but not followed even a bit. Due to good salaries, senior people stick there and do everything to save themselves.
Pros
Good amount of awards
Cons
Everything is based on decisions from US
I had productive, competitive and supportive environment around but I had an environment who are not relevant to my team.Of course I was the only person initially don't have team members specific to my team.I used to work independently with the stakeholders team.Its encouraging fun loving people around.
Pros
There are official free team lunches, we have attended team lunch on the occasion of my marriage.
Cons
I never stayed long hours in the office and at home.We used to follow proper work life balance.
"It's a great place to work, good environment, good people and great management. ... “- Work Life Balance - Supporting Management - Good Salary. "..Good Company.
May 16, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Best of luck on your continued career. - Tori
Company is good. Due to some managers, it has become unbearable. Good Work life balance. Good number of leaves. Approachable management. Good learning opportunities.
April 25, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with UnitedHealth Group - it seems as though the organization is a great fit for your career. - Tori
Excelent working culture and employee benefits.jab security is very high. Good employees and hr. Management is awesome . No punch attendance system. Only portal.
April 13, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Best of luck on your continued career. -Tracy
They work on latest technology and Some time you have to ask for profile kind of work. It is a relax company and have job security as they don't fire any employee. Peaoples are working from 10 15 years.
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated is an American for-profit managed health care company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. It offers health care products and insurance services. It is the largest healthcare company in the world by revenue, with 2019 revenue of $242.2 billion
This firm deals with building healthcare products . Good Firm to work for. Work-life balance depends on your manger and project. But legacy applications is something which demotivates you to work. Parental insurance is good.
There is no work life balance in UHG. We need to sacrifice either family or career.if you sacrifice career then family will be in stake so no option to work for 16-18 hrs. Indian leadership is not good
Very Bad experience with UHG. I was working on contract, I was not paid my salary. I have written many emails but not get any response. I have given my best to UHG, but I have received negative response from them.
Good work life balance. You can get good hikes if you work hard. US India relationship among teams is some times difficult to handle. Team outings and lunches are good.
not quite satisfied with new management. Policies are not employee friendly. Resources are made available to employees but not so handy to use. Management lake practicality when making decision
I am working here from past 8 months, everything good. learned a lot of things as technical and from individual. good place for continuous learners. good work life balance place
Pro's::: Work life balance is good Leave policy Cool work environment Work from home Cons:: No new technologies Management Employee benefits Variable pay
The work for the PEDS(product engineering department) which is new but very furious in their work culture. The leadership wants the best tech and lot of budget goes to the RND department. The company has adopted devops, automation, cloud engineering, inner source and much more. In the recent events I have seen the managers being recruited from smaller companies with lesser people management and leadership skills which is disturbing the engineering culture. Over all a good company to work for.
Its great opportunity for me to work with UHG,I learned advanced new technology while working.There is a Good amount of time to learn every one.I learned ASP.NET Core and Angular 5.
Lot of opportunities are there to learn new skills. Have good work life balance. very good team collaboration is there and team is supportive. I enjoyed a lot when i am working here
A place to work with a role with challenging, and flexible work environment. I worked with both small teams and larger teams. Easy to approach higher management for any help.
Manager was not cooperative and was not ready to relocate to of interviewGurgaon as which was already discussed at the time of interview and when on pushing they asked me to leave or continue with Greater Noida location
They are misusing name of UHG, in India it's not UHG, it is Optum. Very poor company, not employee friendly at all. Pathetic in all things. Awards are paid from your variable pay , so you will never get it full. WFH available only to very few, privileged employees. you will never get a chance to travel onsite, only managers and directors travel. If you get a promotion this year, next year they will take it back ! No. of seats is so less that many times, 2 employees sitting at one desk. Food is so costly & useless.
Pros
cabs only at night, in day there are buses, extremely bad transport. Parking only for managers.
Cons
Long working hours. Managers have zero technical knowledge, and will judge you on your clothes, not your performance.HR people here are most useless, helpless & powerless. Salary components u never get in full.
Stability and learning both can be achieved in this firm. Provides all needed facilities, minimum necessary but it does. Ample opportunities within the company can keep you looking for more.
Pros
Flexible Location
Cons
Weak HR and Management