UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews for Software Engineer

Not much Learning Not a great work Culture Management is kind of okay. Promotions are delayed. Hikes are less. Bonus reward is comparatively less.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
No hikes and rewards.
Official response from UnitedHealth Group
June 21, 2020
I recommend having an open discussion with your manager in regard to promotions and discuss your feelings further on what is and isn't working. There are also employee resources internally that are available to you online and over the phone that I also recommend that you take advantage of. - Tori
Good company but there are many politics.i am working since 5 years but there is now growth.company is excellent but management is worst . overall it's good
Nice place to work! I have been working at Optum full-time for more than a year Pros Best place to start career Cons Nothing down about company Great Place to work, work life balance
Relaxed Workplace Standard Salary Normal Hikes Less learning Old technology Slow process Less onsite opportunity Normal Infrastructure Worst part is RRP
Best place to work. Relaxed environment. work from home policy. and lots of celebration. understand employee need and take action from time to time to grow them academically
Nice company to work a long with personal life. It's culture and work environment is very good also including the great top management and leaders. Overall 5 🌟.
Experience was good in working at United Health Group . Work culture was also good and innovative . so it's was good team involvement and was friendly environment .
A typical day is routine as we hardly get any different problems to solve. Projects are most advanced level as per the industry standards. Administration and management is bureaucratic. Culture is good and highly involved in tech events and co curricular activities. Talent and potential of an individual becomes suppress due to level of politics. Work from home once your manager is convinced.
Good to for learning . As a fresher you can learn lots of things . As experience you have to put some efforts Good environment and nice culture :) :)
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UnitedHealth Group?
The work life balance at UHG is very good. The work is both challenging and interesting. You get time and scope to learn. Opportunity to work on projects that enhance the healthcare domain.
Experince working with UHG was quite different as i started my carrier from their only and learned alot my managera were awesome until i got moved to product engineering team where manager were so micro management oriented that she ruined my carrier and i have to decide to quit from their and look for another job
Good company Work life balanced Work culture is good. Good work and esposure to new technologies. Incremenets are not good. Doesnt have flexible timings.
I have worked for more than 2 years and 3 months with UHG and it has a wonderful work culture, gives nice compensations to the employees, flexible working hours and much more.
Its a great company to work. There are a lot of opportunities to move into the technologies we are interested in and so many things to learn. Working environment is very cool.
Pros
Lot of Opportunities to Explore
Its a chill company with great work life balance. Transport has been provided nearly in all locations of DELHI NCR. Overtime is there. But work is not that much You will not learn that much .
Pros
Wfh, Transport, work life balance
Cons
Not much work
while working in Optum(UHG), one will experience a balance between work life and personal life. Job security is the main thing that forced people to stay here.
I have joined as fresher .But while assigning the team they didn't ask us which technology you want to m work .They assigned the team randomly .No learning at all.
Excellent company employee friendly, worksite balance. Great minds to work with, excellent leadership to work under and learn. A dream organisation to work.
Worst Management, Most of the managers will create Unnecessary work pressure, Late night calls. UHG managers aren't supportive, Specially Sec-144, Noida. Less employee benefits, High variable component till G26 (weather A or B band) 15% fixed variable component and If you perform well there are chance you will get 100% your RRP/Variable. RRP will be credited in every year of March month salary. RRP is completely depends upon manager discretion, Weather he can give or not even he can also have rights to decide how much percent of your Variable will be given to you. UHG worst application to work is SSMO (Support) life become irritating. Most of the Dev application work environment is manageable.
Pros
Life balance
Cons
Worst managers & Unnecessary work pressure
Good thing about it is we can grow our careers here. I joined as an Automation test engineer, advanced my Career to Test engineer and then was an SDET for my project. And now working as budding developer by fixing few defects and developing few functionalities.