UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,204 reviews matching the search
The company was very generous at the salary scale even at the time of pandemic. Even now after having multiple shutdown of processes they didn't fail to provide different jobs at different departments to the jobless ones.
Pros
Free lunch, snacks etc
Cons
Work Pressure
United Health Group focus on quality, work environment, office culture great work life balance innovation is top priority in this company, always learn new things, learning and development program conducted by company you can enroll as per your skill which want to develop.
Pros
Work environment office culture
Cons
Long working hours 9:30
Very cheap politics. They hired IITs and IIM candidates initially and 90% of them left in firdt 2 yewrs.Local tenured ppl are in mgmt and they don't like others to grow as they are not at all competent hence will start using politics.Fun or Irritating thing is, They pretend to be skilled but cannot even guide or mentor you/team on simple issues . :)
Pros
Wfh, depends on manager
Cons
Politics is in UHG DNA, you will not learn any thing there except politics.
Where we had fun with the work and free with the team, for making production increment, by doing the work on time, finishing our targets, where we had quiz activities.
Its a good place for learning technology, domain and process. Most of the leaders are approachable and empathetic to employees. Salary and Benefits are also good
Pros
Good team and leadership with good salary and benefits
Cons
Things are driven from US
Worthiness of an award is brought down. People are pleased through awards. Values are spoken a lot but not followed even a bit. Due to good salaries, senior people stick there and do everything to save themselves.
Pros
Good amount of awards
Cons
Everything is based on decisions from US
Good place to work, good management and great environment. Job security but salary is less and less career growth. Cab facility, cafetaria and gym facility.
Pros
Cab facility, Monday to Friday
Cons
Work for 9:30 hrs
I worked for uhg india, now known as optum for about 7 year and it could work so long only because the company has good work life balance and good work culture. There is no restrictions on learning new technologies or increasing knowledge. Vast resources as available to learn. Salary is good too.
Pros
Office cabs, shift timing
Cons
Difficult to move internally on ijp
Medical facilities is advantage of low salaried employees.. Only promotion every year not given by seniors. Parsaility in award and seating arrangements. No advance pc provide by co. No intimate about our incentive like yearly rrp , also not check our balance leave at the time of appraisal.
Pros
Cafeteria available
Cons
10 hour work compulsory for archive targets.
I learnt many thing how to process the claim and how to resolve it. How to processing the claim..Management is too good supportive .Workplace culture is helpful to everyone..and the hardest part of the job its depend on think if you think it's hard so hard if you think it's easy so easy work..And the most enjoyable part is fun friday DM sir gave to pizza party and we sing a song.we play the game..
Pros
Lunch and cab
Really a good place to work. Good work culture, decent salary, many learning opportunities, employee retention efforts are much. Feel proud to be associated with UHG.
Loved working in UHG. It supports employee and give good work life balance. Also it is innovative and good work culture. I love working in UHG and would love to work here .
Good memories to recall even after many years..Had chance to work with great immediate leaders and learnt a lot. The main problem is QA needs to report Development lead/manager who rarely understands QA process. This is big minus for QA team according to me.
I had productive, competitive and supportive environment around but I had an environment who are not relevant to my team.Of course I was the only person initially don't have team members specific to my team.I used to work independently with the stakeholders team.Its encouraging fun loving people around.
Pros
There are official free team lunches, we have attended team lunch on the occasion of my marriage.
Cons
I never stayed long hours in the office and at home.We used to follow proper work life balance.
Once you're in office, you won't be thinking anything about whatever happened before you were in office. Similarly, the office won't take even a second from you as soon as you leave the work place. Good culture.
Few managers makes our life miserable in UHG apart from that I learnt a lot and it’s a great place to work. Few managers become syndicate and ruling that Organization especially in claims side. Am not feeling like writing bad but this is true. I really loved working there and sad to say not under such idiotic manager.
Pros
Policies are great
Cons
Internal politics
It is a very good company for a fresher to start up there career with good salary package and opportunities to learn and enhance in various fields ..... Provides good employee benefits and very happy and healthy working environment
Company is providing good transportation for every employees. We have friendly atmosphere at work place. I am proud to say an optum employee.Evey month company will encourage for extraordinary performed employees.
Good
June 28, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with UnitedHealth Group - it seems as though the organization is a great fit for your career. - Tori
I have started my career at United Health Group. It is one of the Places where you can kick start your career and have a high growth in the very future
June 26, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Best of luck on your continued career. -Heather
enthusiastic to work in any condition in a play full manner to enjoy the work given to me with dedication...and scope up with team, and collaborate with people
June 23, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Best of luck on your continued career! - Tori
A great work culture , Good leaders who motivated everyone to do fun and be productive at the same time . Job security was there , Good transportation services was there (pick and drop )
June 21, 2020
I'm glad you enjoyed your time at UnitedHealth Group. We wish you the best! - Tori
  1. Employee Reviews