UnitedHealth Group

UnitedHealth Group Culture reviews

United Health Group focus on quality, work environment, office culture great work life balance innovation is top priority in this company, always learn new things, learning and development program conducted by company you can enroll as per your skill which want to develop.
Pros
Work environment office culture
Cons
Long working hours 9:30
Very cheap politics. They hired IITs and IIM candidates initially and 90% of them left in firdt 2 yewrs.Local tenured ppl are in mgmt and they don't like others to grow as they are not at all competent hence will start using politics.Fun or Irritating thing is, They pretend to be skilled but cannot even guide or mentor you/team on simple issues . :)
Pros
Wfh, depends on manager
Cons
Politics is in UHG DNA, you will not learn any thing there except politics.
I worked for uhg india, now known as optum for about 7 year and it could work so long only because the company has good work life balance and good work culture. There is no restrictions on learning new technologies or increasing knowledge. Vast resources as available to learn. Salary is good too.
Pros
Office cabs, shift timing
Cons
Difficult to move internally on ijp
I learnt many thing how to process the claim and how to resolve it. How to processing the claim..Management is too good supportive .Workplace culture is helpful to everyone..and the hardest part of the job its depend on think if you think it's hard so hard if you think it's easy so easy work..And the most enjoyable part is fun friday DM sir gave to pizza party and we sing a song.we play the game..
Pros
Lunch and cab
Really a good place to work. Good work culture, decent salary, many learning opportunities, employee retention efforts are much. Feel proud to be associated with UHG.
Loved working in UHG. It supports employee and give good work life balance. Also it is innovative and good work culture. I love working in UHG and would love to work here .
I had productive, competitive and supportive environment around but I had an environment who are not relevant to my team.Of course I was the only person initially don't have team members specific to my team.I used to work independently with the stakeholders team.Its encouraging fun loving people around.
Pros
There are official free team lunches, we have attended team lunch on the occasion of my marriage.
Cons
I never stayed long hours in the office and at home.We used to follow proper work life balance.
Once you're in office, you won't be thinking anything about whatever happened before you were in office. Similarly, the office won't take even a second from you as soon as you leave the work place. Good culture.
Few managers makes our life miserable in UHG apart from that I learnt a lot and it’s a great place to work. Few managers become syndicate and ruling that Organization especially in claims side. Am not feeling like writing bad but this is true. I really loved working there and sad to say not under such idiotic manager.
Pros
Policies are great
Cons
Internal politics
enthusiastic to work in any condition in a play full manner to enjoy the work given to me with dedication...and scope up with team, and collaborate with people
June 23, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Best of luck on your continued career! - Tori
A great work culture , Good leaders who motivated everyone to do fun and be productive at the same time . Job security was there , Good transportation services was there (pick and drop )
June 21, 2020
I'm glad you enjoyed your time at UnitedHealth Group. We wish you the best! - Tori
Not much Learning Not a great work Culture Management is kind of okay. Promotions are delayed. Hikes are less. Bonus reward is comparatively less.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
No hikes and rewards.
June 21, 2020
I recommend having an open discussion with your manager in regard to promotions and discuss your feelings further on what is and isn't working. There are also employee resources internally that are available to you online and over the phone that I also recommend that you take advantage of. - Tori
It is Competitive and full off learning. As growth is the concern you will face a lot of competition. Good Place to start and grow your career. ***All the best***
June 7, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Best of luck on your continued career. - Tori
I worked as appeal analyst at UHG it has very excellent company and working culture is very collaborative and I have learned more things in that company.
June 4, 2020
I'm glad you enjoyed your time at UnitedHealth Group. We wish you the best! - Tiffany
This organisation has professional management, always approachable, good culture. People who work here get a proper growth and can apply to other roles in a span of 15 months.
May 31, 2020
Everything is fine except night shift Salary to be increased as per task Atmosphere and culture and management is also good Honestly every one can work
May 23, 2020
Its a good place to establish yourself in your career. Good work life balance but also good learning experience. Overall, the learning, the culture, the challenges and the complexity of problems that were bring addressed were really good and helped one and all grow.
June 21, 2020
Productive and fun place to work employee friendly appreciation from the management great learning bonus and incentives medical and employee insurance
May 9, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience with UnitedHealth Group - it seems as though the organization is a great fit for your career. - Tori
The provided targeted work was too much to complete in a typical day. Have to sit regularly without taking break to attain the targets. I learned that work life balance is important do your best at any job, if it is not there you cant give your full potential. Management was not understanding, they just let their decision to follow with no concerns what difficulties employees can face due to that. The completion of daily target at any cost was the most hardest part, as sometimes it can be possible not to achieve the target due to any of the issues, but if you didn't achieved the target , u have to extend the working hours otherwise your performance will go completely just because of 1 odd day. the most enjoyable part was all colleagues was helpful and sometimes it use to fun with everyone.
May 9, 2020
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sorry you feel there is poor work/life flexibility as I've found this is one of my favorite benefits of working for UnitedHealth Group. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with your colleagues. We wish you the best! - Tori
Very nice organisation to learn and earn. It respects what it does. It has clear culture and policies to follow and abide. If you have ability you have option in UHG to outshine.
May 5, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your time with us and wish you the best in your continued career. - Tori
Good company but there are many politics.i am working since 5 years but there is now growth.company is excellent but management is worst . overall it's good