UST

Clear
3.3Pay & Benefits

globalhikefresherustglobaltimingprojectbalanceculture

Best work life balance

You will get best work life balance here, all the teammates are nice and helpful, will have lots of fun activities. Salary hikes are not much better. You will get the opportunity to learn more

Managers and dirty politics! The company may struggle a lot from these two.

Company in GeneralThe company has some nice policies and good people in top management. However, the employee hardly benefits from the good side of UST due to managers and team leads being birdbrains. You'll land up in a lingua-political work environment where Keralites and Telugus team up against each other. Even though they interact as if they are friends, there is spite for each other deep down, and you can expect a backstabbing at any moment. Even though you perform well, your manager & TL decides if it should be taken to the top management. Snitches will be managers' pets. If you know how to take issues to HR or top management, you can be successful.Professional GrowthUST offers limited professional growth as it's just a third-party service provider to many companies. Your growth depends on your client's and your manager's subjective view of your performance (managers mostly prefer snitches and clients prefer high-achievers. Thus, there can be clashes.). If you are relieved from a project, they will throw you to benches where you will get bored and will be forced to resign. They have tie-ups with some learning providers. However, if you need specific training or something, it will be hectic to go through the manager's desk. He / She decides if you should be given any training. And most of the time, these managers are not techies - so they don't understand how things work. And, they have different salary/reimbursement policies for people. If you are in their good book, you will get your salary revised when you receive some appreciation. Or, you won't even get the -

UST insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Good place for freshers

Good place for freshers.Great work life balance.but salary is somewhat low for freshers.internal hikes is too low.they will not give any hike after 1st year.

Doesnt give good compensation

This organization is only concerned about it's own benefits and they don't care about employees. They just ask us to submit resignation if we are out of projects. Organization more focuses expanding it's own building and doing show off.

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace. Flexible doing the shifts. No pressurising of jobs. Good ambience and good culture. Travel allowance are provided. Good place to work.

Pros

Programmes

Cons

Cool place, but do not expect good salary hikes

It's one of the most employee friendly company, their compensation is not up to the market standards, and the salary normalisation doesn't happen here. So join with a good offer as you may not see much difference in your salary with appraisals.

Pros

Relaxed and good work culture

Cons

Salary not up with industry standards, progression and salary hikes are very dlow

fun workspace

Not much stressful. Projects are not guaranteed to be there for a long period, so switching of projects once in a while is an obvious thing. It's fun to be there. They conduct many programs and stuffs for employees.

A good company with the best culture.

One of the best company in Bangalore. Culture is good, people love to work and enjoy their life in UST. HR is cooperative and reachable. Lot of employee friendly benefits.

Pros

Events and CSR activities, Impressive Clientele

Cons

Salary is not competitive.

Good company to work for especially for malayalees

Ust is like a homegrown kerala company with very flexible working lifestyle. Especially good for late risers. Salary is below market average but definitely makes up by the culture and friendships people make in the company. Definitely want to work there in future

Pros

Good community feelings

Cons

Work is not planned and most people have no idea how to handle it

Job is secured but no promotion

You will never get promotion or salary increment, even if you are direct pay roll.They have multiple business but no promotion or increment.Simply waste company. Better we can beg somewhere.

Pros

Salary will credit without delay

Cons

No Promotion, No Increament, effort will be waste

Worst company to work for

Lots of bad politics. Never join this company. Though company policy has perks, the company does not provide it actually. If employee asks for the perks he is fired immediately without giving a reason. Only managers' bootlickers get appreciation and salary hike. The company has neither value nor culture. Managers consider subordinates as slaves.

Pros

nothing to mention

Cons

Worst politics. Partiality.

Methodical and Conservative Company

hire and fire company they will offer you job but if do not have project immediately fire you .even politics are there like they prefer specific community people only

Pros

Work and Timely salary

Cons

Old conservative style dress codes, Location wise policies, Bench fire policy

Nice place to work

Pay was good, management was good, benefits were ok. People were nice. Great work life balance. However it all depends on which project you are in Overall, it was a good experience for me.

Nice company to work

Good work life balance.Benefits and helful people and mangers. Good learning curves and lot of enthisiatic people to work around you. Hike is good.Good work culture

Great company to work with a decent package

I believe 2-way communication is not happening with the employees and management. It would be super cool if it can be addressed. Like all other companies UST is also evolving at a great pace. I enjoy every moment in UST because of the work culture and the colleagues I got except on the salary part given to me. :)

Overall Good

Need to improve Salary benefits Management always concern about money No client allowance Yearly hike also not Good work balance is good Sportsmanship Super

Very Good Place to work. Have Good Work and Life Balance. Nice Salary. Good Environment. Nice Work Place.

very good place to work. Nice work Environment. good salary. Nice Work Place. Team work. supportive. Good Training given by company. have good work and life balance.

Workplace are awesome.

I am really feel good in UST except some politics on management level provide first preference to malayalis. But my lead is also Malayali very good and gave many opportunities to me to become a developer now. I got so many learning opportunities. Flexible work timing. Awesome infrastructure. Good salary package. Good appraisal

Paradise on Earth

Having experienced H-E-L-L on earth in the previous job I was too stressed to even enter the office the first day because I knew what I was about to endure. However, to my extreme surprise, it was quite the opposite. Each and every single individual that you encounter in this company is very friendly, approachable and professional. Professionalism is in every corner of this company and it is an MNC for a reason. Also, the salary is decent for every kind of job. The management is bit of a problem in which almost all the entire management is handled by age-old people that have basically stayed in the company with complete faith for more than fifteen years to gain the trust of everyone and somehow feel entitled to be at their position. However, experience does not give one knowledge implicitly and thus everything is not really done how it should. Some changes might make this company a beast. Other than that the overall experience is bliss. You will never be questioned why are you coming late unless you do it frequently with no good reason and there is no micromanagement like have you done what I told you. Unless you really start becoming useless baggage for the company everyone will be chilled here.

Not a good company to start career

It's ok to work but I didnt get any employee benefits in this organization . They fully focused on development not on Telecom , and they pay her less for all the employees

Good work life balance

A great place to work with energetic group of people and good work-life balance. We will not to be able to switch the technology and the compensation is also very low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UST. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare UST with