Vedanta Resources

Vedanta Resources Culture reviews

India169 reviews

Clear

promoter driven company

poor quality of work, competitive salary, everything is outsorced. end up giving updates and getting updates.not suitable for candidates from premier institutes

Pros

salary

Cons

work life balance, quality of work

Poor work culture

Poor work culture, No proper management. Work life balance is poor.Although salary is good, learning opportunities.HR and CSR activities negligible.

Pros

Salary and savings

Cons

Poor culture, worst work life balance

Very good company, and best for freshers to start with since it provide a handsome amount of salary. Work culture is good and there is ample opportunity for promotion.

Not that good work cultureStreeful

Not that good work cultureStressful lifeNo proper trainingStressfulStressful, no proper managementNo trainingDumping work on people working in the company with long working hours

Pros

Cons

Work culture

Productive and fun workplace

I am placed in Vedanta Group . Good staying facility, gym, medical facilities are provided. Good salary. It is ver good company to work. Great work culture.

Pros

Free launches

Pathetic place to get tagged professionally, worst culture, no career path,

This place is a classic example of reversed Pyramid where number of Senior leaders exceeds the number of working level people. This company case study should be taught in business schools explaining how to spoil a well running company and culture. Pathetic place to get tagged professionally, worst culture, no career path, if one is a CA/ISB/IIM with political connections - one will get quick entry as Senior Leadership, without having any demonstrated leadership or team management qualities. So all the best for such people!

Unsafe workplace

Top management dont obey safety norms regularly. It is pressurised to downline staffs to bypass safety for growing up production by Top management. Workplace culture is not too good.

Good

Overall nice experience nice working environment and culture nice staff teamwork is good employees and senior are cooperative and well manner overall nice

Productive and decision making power

Excellent working culture with maximum power to take open decisions. Getting acquainted with latest technology and engagement in other curricular activities.

overall very good

it is a great company. i really feels so proud to be a part if vedanta group.its has a great environment for learning and good senior management.overall very good company.

Great Exposure

This is an industry giant which provides you with ample opportunities to learn , grow and contribute. You will learn your business end-to-end in a fast paced work culture

Good to work at vedanta

There is good working culture with work & life balance. Compensaction also good. There celebrate every festival. They offer accommodation. Resident is only 5 min distance from office.

An organisation with great exposure and learning

For freshers it is an organisation to learn and explore opportunities. It is a platform for learning whereas it terms of work life balance the organisation needs improvement and also the job culture is that favorable.

Management leaves a lot to be desired

Ageing organization, a culture resembling PSUs of olden days, terrible HR practices, clueless senior management, and unsafe operational practices make it a place you would not want to work at in the 21st century.

Productive and a fun workplace to work at

A good place to work at, with an excellent work culture and peer group. The work timings enable for a good balance between your personal life and professional life.

challenges and learning

I have learned how to tackle tribal people as well as poor families, and their needs, difference corporate and govt culture and management,rural area which is nearest city is changeable work.satisfaction to work with real beneficiary.

Work experience in operations and geotechnical problem.

Hardworking person to provide safe working and meeting the day by day demands for production.I have worked in shifts. The company is good..have learnt a lot. Experience in drilling and Blasting.

Good

Cons

Work culture.

Place with wide learning scope

1. Vedanta is a place where one gets huge opportunity and responsibilities. The role itself is a very important and crucial role as we are the face of the organisation in front of the external stakeholders. 2. The learning curve has very steep for me given that the other team members in my team had much more experience than me. It was a new industry for me and I had to learn about the various business verticals and come up the curve quick to represent the organisation externally. 3. The senior management is very closely involved in the Investor Relations team and that has helped me learn about the organisation from their perspective. 4. I enjoy the role and have been very passionate about it. I feel it offers me the right mix of both the functions that I like - finance and marketing. I especially enjoy engaging and networking externally with investors and analysts and help them understand the business better 5. The work culture is very open in terms of interacting with the CEO, CFO and promoters on a regular basis 6. The challenge at the job is the dynamic nature of the business and the constant updates I need to keep myself aware of and explain to external stakeholders

Pros

Proximity to senior management and external facing function

Cons

Working Saturdays

Partiality is more in vedanta

Partiality is more and safety is not followed while work due to increased work load and projects. Learned to control more work stress Culture is not good

Pros

work pattern

Cons

loaded work

Love the working culture and understanding of management for their employees. Senior managers guide juniors very well and help them to grow their skills.

Good company to start your career

Decent work place culture to work in. You get good opportunities to explore and prove your mettle. As a fresher, it was a good learning experience in projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vedanta Resources. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Vedanta Resources with

• Vedanta Resources
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?