Verizon

Verizon Employee Reviews

Showing all 28,561 reviews
I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than 9 years. Pros: 1. Good policies, employee-friendly 2. Office location within city limits 3. Good pay and Nice hikes 4. Good technical work depends on the project 5. Flexible timing and dress code Cons 1. Frequent changes in management at the top level
Depending on the team you work with. I worked at many stores and some were terrible and others made it a joy. Its retail hours and a lot of digging but good.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Customer interaction
Some workers are so lazy and have no clue what they are doing. They will stab you in the back any chance they get to make themselves look good all while doing as little as possible.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lazy people who are clueless
March 2, 2021
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as we are always looking for areas to improve.
The Verizon Health & Wellness Coordinator position provides you with an opportunity to run a business from beginning to end. You not only provide the personal/group training to employees but you also make sure your facilities supplies are fully stocked. Best Job out of graduate school!
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Nothing!
I was hired when compensation was still great. Your results and successes were paid accordingly. Now if you work hard but others aren’t working as hard you won’t be compensated like before, in fact it’s so easy for one person to bring you down it’s almost impossible to feel appreciated for your efforts much less see a pay off. Apparently, pay structure tends to change yearly for the worse. A co worker of mine has made less money year over year over 5 years, their salary has decreased but the workload has increased. The job looks great on a resume and does teach you how to suggestive sell. The culture has potential but unfortunately the company feels like it’s on the decline and may not recover in regards to their employees.
Pros
Discounted service, good resume build, great insurance
Cons
Toxic work environment, less pay year over year, more work less pay, hard to advance regardless of performance
March 2, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share such a thorough review. We agree that there is always room for improvement, and welcome any and all feedback that could potentially get us to where we want to go. Your feedback is appreciated.
Your future is up to you. You can work hard. Do a good job and get ahead. They will set goals for you to help you do this. I had several union jobs and also several manager jobs. I enjoyed working there and the people are great to work with.
Pros
Very flexible job
while working there you were always wondering what was next. there was no clear direction at all levels and that left you wondering about your position.
Great company with great benefits. I was promoted to wind down the acquisition of XO Communications and I basically worked myself out of a position..
Pros
Great benefits and great code of ethics
Cons
no longer working there
Great workplace really appreciate their employees. Amazing benefits and pay! Would go back in a heartbeat. Great growth and advancement opportunities
March 2, 2021
Thank you for your review. Making sure that our employees are given a multitude of opportunities to grow and succeed is extremely important to us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.
Enjoyed the people and the benefits. The only thing was tough that there seemed like there was no room to grow. For a young person thats tough in your career.
Excellent place to work. Benefits and bonuses was a plus. Lots of advanced opportunities to grow within.Amazing company Customers focused and highly recommended to anyone who’s interested in internet access and wireless phone service.
Worked for over 25 years..got my degree, made lifelong friends and was able to get many perks as an employee of many years.i loved what I did and did not have too many complaints
Pros
Great pay, tuition assistance
Cons
Lack of knowledge
March 2, 2021
Thank you for your review. Ensuring that our employees have a positive working experience is extremely important to us. Providing them with top-notch benefits is just one of the ways we show our appreciation for all of their hard work.
They have benefits, but give you no training when you are hired, or even when you switch positions. They have layoffs several times a year and it is up to you to find another position in 30 days, which is nearly impossible with their interview and hiring process. They are very fond of offshoring jobs and automation.
Benefits
Cons
poor leadership, and growth within the company
February 25, 2021
Thank you for your review. Providing our employees with the opportunity to learn and grow is extremely important to us. That's why we make multiple leadership training opportunities and mentorship programs available to our V Teamers. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as we are always looking to improve.
Certain managers in the memphis area have been in the game too long. Bad people can't lead and motivate a team. Verizon plays favorites. It's all about who you know...period.
Pros
Money, good service and products coworkers
Cons
Dm down managers need a change
I’ve enjoyed my years working there. Retail is going down there drain. They cut jobs every year and you just don’t know when its your turn on the chopping board.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Uncertainty
February 25, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and potential areas of improvement.
Leadership is the force that makes or breaks organizations. In this particular region, poor executive leadership micro managed and extremely cruel if someone was not in his inner circle.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
No life balance
February 25, 2021
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to communicate your concerns to us, as we are always looking to improve.
I recommend working for Verizon wireless. Great pay and amazing benefits. I've been here for over 6 years sand it is by far the best job I've ever had. The job isn't glorious, but I've made a ton of friends here, made a lot of money and got a second bachelor's degree the company paid for. As with any job, there are great managers and there are ones who need improvement. I think in this company that it's true when they say that employees don't leave their jobs, they leave their managers. Most of mine have been great though. I think most stores have a great culture, but some are competitive to a fault. Overall, I'm very happy.
Pros
Pay, benefits, experience
February 25, 2021
Thank you for your review! Ensuring that our employees have a positive working experience is extremely important to us. Providing them with top-notch benefits is just one of the ways we show our appreciation for all of their hard work.
Verizon was a great place to work, until it wasn't. Due to some poor decisions by one executive, IT was decimated year after year with RIFs.Before the RIFs, I loved my job, we were supported by our manager, had reasonable work/life balance, with time to take additional training paid by the company.Then due to cost cutting measures and management changes, environment got lean and mean. We were forced to take on responsibilities of 2-3 workers after layoffs.
Pros
Market rate pay and tuition reimbursements
Cons
RIFs, no work/life balance
well I was laid off after 11 years. The wireless side felt more secured, but will be outsourced eventually like Verizon connect. You definitely experience favortism.despite such a large company.
Pros
VZ connect gives $20 a month in snacks.
Cons
micro mamagment at times.
February 25, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. At Verizon, our goal is to make it easy for customers to do business with us by listening, anticipating, and responding to their needs, all while selling with integrity. We keep our commitments to each other and our customers, and we go to great lengths in order to promote a culture of respect and trust. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we encourage you to discuss questions about your employment separation with your HR representative.
Great place to work. Great supervisors and co-workers. Some customers treated us like family and vice-versa. Great jobs to gain experience in the sales field of your career. I approve this job to anyone looking in the field of sales.
Pros
Salary
Benefits
February 25, 2021
Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, as we are always looking for areas of potential improvement.
Responsibilities vary, mu supervisor mood was always changing. No promotions, no salary increase. Not great benefits.Building in Valhalla is better than the one in white plains
  1. Employee Reviews