Verizon

Verizon Employee Reviews for Software Developer

Some teams are doing projects on cutting edge technology. Some are just maintainence jobs. Management are mostly IT people, so they are not completely on top of their job.
Nice need to be user friendly.Course of Assessment is finest part of indeed which love it making every time.As I m work oriented never bother of ecology but the culture is good
We can explore more on new technologies. I had a good team members who will help. We can participate on hackathons which will give chance to explore new technologies
Agile methodologies. Discuss on the plan. Review the action items. Code. Repeat. Meetings. Flexibility to join other teams wasn't provided it was hardest for me. Access to learning was beneficial.
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
Too many projects needs weekends support
worked in product environment cool work culture worked in different product components for verizon data business Good management and learned continuous integration
We get to work in a corporate culture exploring career progression opportunities with challenges in a leading organization where I have utilized my communication skills, smart working ability, assertive behavior to make a tangible contribution for the growth of the organization and myself.
It is very good compony which aims at gender equality and work life balance. When the Justice Department of the United States mandated AT&T Corporation to break up the Bell System, one of the seven Baby Bells was Bell Atlantic, the original name for Verizon.[9] Bell Atlantic came into existence in 1984 with a footprint from New Jersey to Virginia, with each area having a separate operating company (consisting of New Jersey Bell, Bell of Pennsylvania, Diamond State Telephone, and C&P Telephone).
nice place to work , very good compensation, very good employee friendly environment , nice place to work , very good compensation, nice cafe inside the building
My experience was good and there was lot to learn in terms of business and technical knowledge. The atmosphere was completely goal-driven thereby demanding the best from the employees. It provided me the perfect platform to shape my career path in the way I have always planned to.
Work/Life balance is good and it is not challenging place for freshers Growth is very slow in few teams and work is mostly monotonic
I learned how to work as a team and how to manage people. Everything I will make to be smooth in my job so till now I didnt found any hardest part in my job. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I received "Best performance","Spot Award"s from our CEO's and from Delivery heads.
My actual professional life started from here. Work and fun were co-related. Each and everyone used to enjoy though the shift timings were a bit odd. Team lunch and outings were more and hence giving a chance for everyone to be as close as the other's family members.
Pros
Team outings
Cons
Shift timigs
We have our work scheduled, complete our day to day responsibility, good interaction with all the team mates, learn technical as well as soft skill improvement, helpful in Personality Development.
Pros
team spirit, customer focus.