Verizon

Verizon Employee Reviews for Software Engineer

Verizon is a fast-changing company making leaps and bounds in space of data engineering and data science for better customer experience. There is a lot of good work for developers.
Fun place to work. Work was challenging enough. Timings are really flexible. Good pace to start career. The most enjoyable part of the job was training.
I learned how to Work life balance. This was my first job. I had so many opportunities to learn and to explore my skills and knowledge. For each and every moment when I was handling the project, It was the most memorable and enjoyable part.
Good company to start your career with. Large team large projects unlimited learning potential challenging work' supportive team fun environment
good place to work. Chilled out people, not much hierarchy However not much learning. tends to be repetitive work Long working hours
Productive and fun workplace Learnt to be a team player, work ethics. Dependable co-workers good work life balance not strict on shifts have to work 8 hrs per day
Worked for an year. Good company. Clear future vision. Taking care of employees, flexible work life. Good projects and wide range of technologies.
Verizon is a place where you can balance the work,career growth and good management dealing multiple customers around the world .i have very good experience in verizon environment where addressing the customer requirements on a high priority . Overall verizon is good place to work and buildup our carrier ..
Got to understand how things are working in an IT company. How deployment and other things are happening. Got a chance to work in Java, Oracle along with BPMNs (workflows)
It is a great company to work with as it provides an environment to learn and make u believe in yourself and your capabilities. Always encourages to put in our best.
Work timing are flexible. Good place for freshers to learn. Technology update is given. We do not stick to same technology and domain. Can learn new tech. Co- workers are very cooperative. Mandatory trainings make the candidate skilled in relevant technology. only during deployment , late nigh work is done. Job at verizon is fun work place.
Working at Verizon Data Services Pvt. Ltd is a good experience as it provides a good working environment along with a work/life balance. Enhanced my technical as well as management skills.
Pros
Free snacks, Cab services
very friendly and balanced work. very supportive co workers and cool job. Lot of opportunities are there to prove our skills and got 2 awards for my contribution in verizon. However , In 2010 of Verizon terms and conditions they don't have any maternity benefits like work from home,LOP's or leaves, So I forced myself to resign my job there to take care of my kid. Later I came to know that it changed its terms and conditions for maternity benefits like 1yr work from home facility and LOP for 6 months.
i have worked or verizon .learn new technologies with Sql,Pl/Sql and unix .
Verizon is one of the big players in the Telecom Domain. Working here i got to learn a lot about the latest technologies in Telecom. A very economically stable company to work for. Job security is high.
Good learning, u will know the business well, good company, friendly environment
I have been part of this organization from last 3.6 years. it is a great place to work and i am learned/enjoyed a lot in my tenure here.cool work culture and no pressures at all life will be easier here.
design the documents implementing products testing the products
No proper work. Bad HR polocies Managers do lot of politics. work-life balance . Less pay compared to others
Pros
other than work life balance no pros
Cons
lot....
Good company and Fun at work Sharpen my skills and Heavy workload Nice Management
It was great experience working in Verizon,I learnt how work get easier when we work in Teams,it help in knowing my skills of working in stress and for long hours,how we should compete to complete the work on time,to deal with different kind of people and to know about their temperament. Hardest part Working on saturdays and sundays at the time of project delievery Most enjoyable part Working in off hours as we get reimbursement,and it gives motivation and timely accolades from Managers and Team Leaders
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Less variety in work