Virgin Hyperloop One

Virgin Hyperloop One Employee Reviews

Overall experience was extremely good! However, Virgin Hyperloop One was, and still is in the category of a startup. So I was constantly worrying if the company was going to make it.
i got treated badly by some of the engineers. Worked with an engineer with really bad temperament. Manager was not helpful at all because he was always busy. The other intern was very toxic to me.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
toxic environment, no pay for intern
Great project, great people, great leadership. Helped create something the world had never seen before. Ideas and innovations were welcomed. No politics, everyone was happy and motivated.
weak management experience bad company service no mentoring and guidance diversity is not applicable ............safety issues problems with the new update
Pros: + mission: you get to build the new mode of transportation (imagine being a train inventor 100y ago) + world-class leaders in Hyperloop Tech development while the competition is mainly just talking, VHO are the only ones that have tested it already in 2017 in Nevada Desert (google Devloop test track) + its a Virgin company: very good work-life balance and work culture (unlimited PTO, dog-friendly office, snacks, lunches on-site) + in progress of building multiple new tracks and test rigs, advancing the technology, things are happening month-to-month + engineers are very capable and mostly all excited about the same thing: helping to build Hyperloop. + you'll get to build things from scratch with the newest tools (no legacy systems) + "move fast and break things" ( with an exception to safety) + very international, people from all over the world (mostly US and Canada though) and have offices in Dubai. + you get to present you work on different conferences + people are super friendly, prepare for numerous birthday parties, donuts in the office every now and then, and just happy people around + no office politics (though there has been some a year ago but they let the toxic ppl go) + very flat structure, open office, you get to interact with CTO and CEO every day (even though we're > 200 ppl) Cons: - the business is based on private/public partnership, and these projects tend to be long to establish which is frustrating - you're NOT gonna get paid like FANG ( just a fair compensation +- 10%) - no 401k match or cash bonuses - as a full time you get the - more...
Making something that has never been made before is a big challenge. AT VHL1 they made it a great experience. They utilized each persons experience and creative ability and we all felt we were contributing to the ultimate goal
Pros
paid catered lunch, friendly working envrionment
Cons
young inexperienced design engineers provided a unique challenge
Was a wonderful position to hold in managing more than 150 employees during it's peak. A fast pace environment that met all requirements to manufacture the worlds first full scale Hyperloop system.
Pros
High Class Engineers and Machinist
Cons
Never new what your future held.
It was ok for a start up company. My manager was good. They need to be more open and not so secretive. Everyone should always be working toward a common goal. Information should be shared all the time.
I loved working at my location. However - the corporate site was less appealing. Once they decided we could make the hyperloop an actual reality they no longer needed us. So without warning they came in and shut us down. Then proceeded to talk negatively about us to the public. Very unprofessional in my opinion.
Pros
Getting involved in something new and revolutionary
Cons
Once we proved it could happen we were no longer needed
just like every startup they have there problems to work out. My boss was one the only people i truth there. you do get free lunch and it still has the cool factor to work there
Pros
free lunch
Cons
changes
Far too much drama for a work place. Provide nice lunch and social events. Mismanagement of company funds and unprofessional leadership- great coworkers.
Hyperloop gave me all of the opportunities I have to day. I worked 70+ hours weekly and spent 6 months + in the desert working towards the success of the company. A lot of great opportunities!
Pros
Free Lunches, Unlimited time off