WNS Global Services

WNS Global Services Employee Reviews in Ipswich

The company has a “hire and fire” culture. The management is not approachable and arrogant. The staff is treated unfairly, a lot of favouritism takes place. Old equipment which doesn’t work properly and IT are not helpful, you have to chase them to fix even the smallest thing. No career progression and a lot of stress due to office politics. Minimal wage which is not reviewed for years. HR is not approachable either, you can’t go anywhere to solve your issue. The staff feels unappreciated and staff turnover is extremely high. The Company makes it unreasonably difficult to book a holiday and they don’t even care if you need to see a doctor etc.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Management, incentives, company culture
Your under paid and over worked. Call centre mentality and told to just fob people off to get the phone answered. Expect no help or training along with no support from anyone higher up as they don't know what they are doing.
Pros
Cons
No help, useless manager, understaffed, just a call centre
Worse place I ever worked. The atmosphere was so bad I would dread going in every day, gave me anxiety. Mean management, spoke to staff like they were stupid. Lack of training and progression, asked for further training as was on the same task for months, was told they were to busy for training and to get on with it.
Firstly I will start with the positives of the job. The office is filled with very friendly staff members. It will certainly help to build your confidence as you are speaking with at least 50 people over the phone per day. It gives you good knowledge of the insurance industry and looks great on your CV when moving onto something else. Decent pay (for starters). Now, I will proceed with the negatives. If you don't work well under pressure, then this job will not be for you. Be prepared to take in at least 50 calls per day, and a lot will be calls from overflow lines from different departments of the company - which will mean that you will not know how to handle the call. There is a huge volume of calls, and calls will be put through to you even if you aren't trained in that department - which makes us seem clueless and dumb to customers as we are unable to help. When trying to transfer the call to the correct department, 95% of the time the call would just come back to you, and then you'd be at square one again. When I started, no training was given to me, I shadowed two people over the space of 2 days and then I went straight into it. After around a month I then had to train a few other newbies which was difficult since I was still learning myself, and also taking in a huge volume of calls which made it almost impossible to teach my colleague. There is a huge turnover, a lot of staff members come and go and I feel this isn't fair since no one is given any real training, and they are left on their own without knowing what to do properly, and it's very hard for them to - more...
I came to WNS with no experience in this area, they give you a weeks training done by staff who have been there for a month themselves and are still learning, I was left on my own not confident on what to do, would not recommend. Don't give you a chance. If you haven't picked it up quickly, they'll sack you instead of helping you. No wonder there is a high turnover in this company.
Fairly simple enough job to get the hang of, however while working there multiple staff left/were sacked and they were not quick to replace them at all. Instead of replacing staff, they gave additional responsibilities to the remaining team members which made adhering to SLAs very difficult as you were having to spend all of your time on the phones to angry customers and not have enough admin time to work and pay customers claims! Friendly, approachable staff and management. HR department was understaffed as they seemed to only have one HR person between 2-3 offices! Salary was practically minimum wage and not enough for what they expect their staff to do. I only worked there for a few months but it progressively got worse from day 1. Hopefully this has changed by now or I honestly do not know how they will stay in business.
Although I cherish to times I was at WNS the team were very much working on there own, there was a major communication issues, a lot of mistakes were done, the rate of pay was ok, I must say this company truly made me, I have insurance knowledge that I can keep for life.
Pros
Cons
lack of communication
I have enjoyed working for WNS, they're a great company and everyone is there to help. I feel that the company has helped me improve as a person and helped my skills to move forward.
I have really enjoyed working a WNS Assistance, unfortunately due to my other half's job i am having to relocate from the area. I love the job that I do and the people I work with.
Pros
Brilliant company
Cons
No further progression
No job security hire and fire culture. High turnover of staff and Victorian working environment. CEO only interested in his other IT company and feeding that with work from WNS totally corrupt.
A fulfilling job with a supportive management structure.Small team, so close nit and friendly. The role is very varied and so keeps it exciting and is extremely fast paced
Pros
Free reign to implement changes
Cons
No progression prospects
was in charge of own account dealing with commercial motor claims for a large building supplies company - handling process of repairs for insured vehicles , soring out hire cars liasing with third party and their insurers, also if property damaged sorting out repairs
Pros
good wages
Cons
did not look after their staff
Managing different teams for fleet and insurance clients. Auditing internal processes and improving procedures, Good work environment and good social side
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Commuting