Wolters Kluwer

Wolters Kluwer Employee Reviews

Good option if you are interested in pursuing any other course and looking forward to gain much qualification.No work pressure. Just 3-4 months a year.
Pros
Perfect work life balance
Cons
No growth, no scope to learn, poor and biased management, lack of career advancement
The company is working towards modernizing, but it is a slow process. Many systems are used to pull together required data. There is not really a clear advancement path. Salary and benefits are good, profit share bonuses and merit pay increases each year.
Great place to work. I loved my job and loved that each day was different. I liked coming to work every day knowing that I would be challenged with something different every day.
Worked 15 years at this company, when I started it was CCH inc. I had a positive experience. I worked in tech support and the printing press which later was outsourced. I left in 2009 so I don't know what it's like now, but I enjoyed working for Wolters Kluwer.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Industry has changed, everything is online now
Extremely flexible for most job positions regarding when and where you can work - offers full remote, partial WFH, sometimes even flex time schedules. Decent pay - not as high some more competitive businesses like start ups, but feels more stable - and excellent benefit options. Company culture is friendly but they don't try to pull the whole "we're a big family!" con. They know you're here because they pay you, and that's a good thing. If you research the products they're putting out, it helps with a sense of fulfillment because they really are important/life saving. Only downside I can think of is that there isn't a very clear promotion/advancement path associated with a lot of the entry level and middle level jobs. But there are cost of living, merit, and sometimes bonus raises so advancement isn't a "must" to stay comfortable.
Great sense of teamwork and always plenty to do, people are treated like professionals and company offers great time time off flexibility. I thoroughly enjoyed working here. However, you need an accounting or law degree to really go places and recent cost-cutting due to Covid has damped both morale and efficiency of getting things done. Pay not the best, benefits are good.
Pros
Solid professional atmosphere, good teamwork, good PTO plan
Cons
Lack of upward mobility, too much cost cutting harming efficiency.
Company is good. Policy and perks are best. Only thing it has to be more diverse . Work/life balance is good. Few people are everywhere in company which spoils culture
Pros
PTO to start
Cons
Lack of Diversity
policies are not very friendly. Law firm makes mistakes and very slow. You need to followup. Internal immigration team is not friendly for any information. Other companies have decent supportive policies. If you are on H1B, think twice.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Sloppy immigration
Frequent layoffs causing many teams to be overworked. Experience will vary depending on team you work with. A lot of negative people in high ranking positions.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, work life balance
Overall a good experience but as a holding company, it's more challenging to ensure companies value, mission are adhered to by all groups. Although WK has a very strong and well established female CEO,, most of the groups management and leadership groups are male oriented. When females are promoted it's normally for tough jobs and not given sufficient support to succeed, and sometimes pushed around.However, I loved company's overall culture.. They do try to keep their employees happy, give them flexibility to better manage their work life balance. They plan lot of team and org level activities to help build the collaborative environment and feeling of one group..
Pros
Group activities and free lunches
Cons
Expensive healthcare plans, male oriented leadership group
You will learn a lot and you will loose even more. The 3 year experience was mentally and physically draining. The work is hard and the culture is cold. You learn everything on your own while they critique you harshly with revolving and subjective metrics. There were a few great people who helped but only after they had noticed how hard I was trying and saw that my team wouldn't speak to me. Very isolating and biased.
Pros
What you learn about business and the customers.
Cons
The company culture and Management is the worst. Very biased.
I worked here as a temporary employee so I can't speak to the full-time benefits. However, the work was fulfilling and my coworkers were pleasant. My supervisor did not check in as often as I would have liked, but my job was pretty self-sustaining. The company culture and work-life balance seems excellent; they're always having events and celebrations at the office and allow for work from home flexibility, even for me as a temp.
Pros
Free meals, work-life balance, work-from-home, flexibility
Cons
Lack of supervision
Pay is awful, benefits are good but don't outweigh lack of pay, I've been looking for another job since the day I started. They promote their favorite from within, regardless of their lack of skills or experience
Good company to work for in general. Recently there has been some leadership changes in the sales department and people are starting to leave. Pay compared to similar sales roles is below market. There will be something negative about every sales role at every company but the culture here is changing at Ovid specifically. I would stay away.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
New leadership has severely affected the culture in a negative way
Daar ik maar een kort verblijf genoot en dit in Corona tijd, was mijn ervaring eerder oppervlakkig. In de maanden van mijn verblijf was het zeer moeilijk om de positieve energie te vinden.
Pros
Arbeidsvoorwaarden
I worked there for only 3 weeks and I quickly found out the SOP support position was tied to hitting production numbers. Which could easily be mistaken for "Sweat Shop". Being that I had never worked in that type of environment I thought and think the expectations of processing the mail within 2 hours was unreasonable. The duties were opening the mail, removing all staples from documents and scan it within 2 hours. There were other duties of the SOP position which was required. I thought the Manager of the position was young and managing is a learning skill also.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
30 min lunch breaks
As an analyst there can be times where something happens and you'll work very late hours and a lot of overtime. Keeep on top of your work and typically not an issue but you do have to work at least 150 hours OT a year and can be very stressful. Management listens though and does want you to like your job. Great benefits and amazing PTO! The perks are what have kept me around for over 5 years.
It was a great experience overall. It allowed me to get my first glimpse of the corporate work like and it helped me build a lot of communication and time management skills. My coworkers were very helpful and the training was very good. It was a 4 week training period and a week-long shadowing period.
Pros
Good Pay, Flexible schedule, Good Management, Perfect for students looking at entry level work
Cons
Repetitive, Sometimes deal with harsh clients
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Pay
Overall, WK has been a great place to work. I have never felt micro-managed. The only time you will be micro-managed is if you aren’t hitting your numbers and your activity isn’t helping that improve. I wish it paid a little better, but the benefits are solid.
Pros
Very friendly atmosphere, management is approachable, don’t micro-manage
Cons
Pay could improve, quotas don’t always make sense
Wolters Kluwer was not a bad company. I came in with a company that was being acquired by Wolters Kluwer and the two companies were not fully intergrated as l was coming in.
  1. Employee Reviews