World Health Organization
World Health Organization Employee Review

good place to work

November 23, 2017
good place to learners. learnt many things about the field. hard work and busy life with a less benefits other than salary. slow and tedious growth.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
no benefits other than salary
March 19, 2017
Surveillance Medial Officer(SMO) (Current Employee) - Noida, Uttar Pradesh
A typical day at work- Being a SMO, my job profile is doing advocacy and supporting the district in surveillance activities(Vaccine Preventable Disease Surveillance), strengthening of routine immunization activities, pulse polio immunization activities, supporting district in newer vaccines launch & roll out. Learning-My profile as SMO has helped me grow as a public health professional.I have learned doing data analysis and advocacy with the analysed data with the district health officials for strengthening of various program indicators.My profile has given me the opportunity to working as a team with different WHO colleagues working in the district as well as working as a team with partner agencies with predefined role and responsibility of each partner agency. Management-I am overall responsible for my team comprising of an Administrative Assistant, Drivers and Field Monitors. Workplace Culture-It is good as you are part of a small WHO family in the district. Hardest Part of Job- When the data based feedback is not taken positively by the district health department. Most Enjoyable part of Job-When the suggestions for strengthening of health indicators are acknowledged and implemented by the district administration.
Pros
Appreciation of your work by the District eg. by District Magistrate
Cons
Monotonous Job, Long working Hours, Difficulty in Work Life Balance
January 11, 2015
Surveillance Medical Officer (Current Employee) - Delhi, DL
Busy day through out the year with so many challenges and so much to learn. It has been a great experience to work with such a great organisation where i learn a lot on a daily basis. Perfect job for a public health specialist to start with.
January 29, 2014
Surveillance Medical Officer (Current Employee) - UP
International organization with lot of load. Systemic, planned tasks are given to employees for performance. Work includes clinical case management, capacity building, advocacy with government, data management. Appraisal done every 6 months. Good salary package with other benefits
Pros
Technical knowledge, career oriented, salary
Cons
Too much workload