World Health Organization

World Health Organization Employee Reviews

WHO provides its staff and workforce with physical, psychological, social, financial and organizational working conditions that protect and promote health and safety. It enables managers and workers to increase control over their own health and to improve it, and to become more energetic, positive with more opportunities to grow in life.
Pros
It provides free facilities for in house Gym, yoga classes, and subsidized food
Cons
Punctuality
An organization that is focusedful and always mindful of capacity buildingAn organization that has highly respected expertsAn organization that cares for individual and family health, working towards communities herd immunity
Good organization salary-wise and benefits-wise, health insurance coverage is very good, dental, hospitalization, eye check-up, consultation expenses for which are reimbursable (80%), children below 18 y/o receive monthly allowances.
Pros
high salary rates and very good benefits
Cons
Chances for promotion is slim for admin staff, politics (sometimes) play a role in selecting staff for higher posts
At the first day of my work its really stressful and i was trying to catch up to speed, but overall it was Productive, competitive, excellent and great working culture.
Pros
Great meal
Cons
healthcare and wellness.
One year and some months of Working there gave me the feel of filed work. It stressful but was worth it as it relate to my passion and soft spot for children. The program was meant for helping children to be immuned from the polio virus. I can say it, to some extent met it goals.
It was a good job, they provide us security and life safety because there in FATA polio is not consid good the think that it's a pree plan of others counties to down us, we as a Team worker give advice to people that these vaccines are good for children and protect the children from polio
Pros
The only gave to us security
Cons
Nil
Working as an Independent Monitor at World Health Organisation was fun. It gave me opportunity to meet and interact with different kinds of people. It is also fun working for humanity.
Due to the work environment where people get together from all over the world, it was easy to speak out my opinions in a straightforward way even though there are lots of politics behind the scenes.
Pros
work life balance!
Cons
no benefit
The most unique and impactful place I've ever worked in. Its a place to see real results in improving people's health, and keeping them safe in emergencies. Surrounded by the top experts in their field. Always something to earn, challenges to overcome. Opportunities to become a leader in your field. Learn and grow. And contribute.
Pros
amazing colleagues, great learning and growth opportunities
Cons
some programmes require long working hours, travel to dangerous places.
The Organisation is full of unhealthy working climate, obviously lots depends on the unit, but in general the management is old fashioned,very hierarchical, applying micromanagement as a main tool, and with no respect for lower position tenders. The personal interest of a number of managers are put higher than the Organisation's needs. Very disappointing, knowing the history and initial purpose of the creation of WHO.
Pros
Salary, benefits, medicine knowledge (in the according departments)
Cons
Unhealthy emotional climate, disrespectful treatment, long years for career growth, low web culture and technical development
I have excellent experience working with WHO Islamabad. The concerned staff was very supportive and helpful. You will learn how to be a team player and help each other.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Difficult to meet deadlines.
Day nd night shift PTP working talking power Management very hard Security Not hard jon only 6 hour working shifts Night in enjoyable shift Very best and simple working team working
Pros
Cons
45 minute
Too Much Red Tape. Instructions are Top to Bottom. No voice for junior executives. Feels like typically working in Government Sector. No career advancement and outdated interview process.
Pros
30day Annual Leave
Cons
No Career Advancement or Growth
I may like to work any day any time and im alway want to busy my self.pocus on this company is wobbly,and i really like to work at the company is intellect.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Health
I am a hard worker and sincere to my duties. W.h.o didn't give Us such great opportunity to show punctuality. As the salary package is too low and not on to time.
Pros
Nill
Cons
Nill
Good atmosphere at World Health Organization is one of the best organization in the world who provides as many as job opportunities .I was nothing before joining world health organization today I am doing the duty of ttsp which was not effected since March 2020 just because of cov 19 . But I am still sat and with world health organization . I keep it up as long as possible.
Cons
My main responsibilities were to train the mental health worker working in the Cox's Bazar district of Bangladesh as well as Ruhingya camp.I have followed mhGAP IG version 2.0 for training purposes.
it was a good experience and I have enjoyed the work with them, such good people and I found the team spirit present and all the conditions to be productive and creative.
Pros
free food
Cons
short hours
Training which is the best thing that I got from my working time Cooperation with friends during the working days Good place of work and fit in my life time Difficult time during field activities when during rain fall time
Pros
I wish I could be back to normal activities
Cons
Lack of communication in some areas, transport which affect my reports
I worked with WHO on SPECIAL SERVICE AGREEMENT (SSA) and was relieved of my job due to polio virus eradication in Nigeria. Thete is no fund to maintain staff under polio eradication program. I really contributed to this historic achievement. WHO has achieved more in providing health for all around the globe and it need to be funded adequately in order to achieve more.
Pros
Salary is commiserate and is paid in time, Working environment is conducive with computers and cellphones to aid the work
Cons
No staff development programme in terms of training either locally or internationally
Actually,the kind of experience I derived from WHO is overemphasized, though it was stressful a-times it it groomed me to be self reliant and hardworking.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
Adequate welfare