World Health Organization

World Health Organization Job Security & Advancement reviews

I was not having any source of income and came to know about WHO organization from friend and went WHO office ,there I submitted my resume and group interview and since I working in WHO organization.
Worked as a Administrative Assistant. I am having indepth knowledge in operations, accounting, MIS, field activities, company guidelines and fleet management
Work atmosphere is good,salary and perks are also good.No job security what so ever .Area of visit is spread over four districts for which extensive touring required to cover the vast area.
running chasing and satisfaction at the end of the day. Job security is bad and kills the spirit of team. you will learn lot of public health skills like data analysis, advocacy and presentation. great chance to showcase your abilities as a epidemiologist. management is very good. But HR management seems to be not interested in retaining skilled and trained team. High burnout and attrition rates because of long working hours and micromanagement. continuously on firefighting mode.
Pros
professionalism
Cons
long working hours and continuous war footing
WHO - NPSP is a great place to work with. I have learnt all the personal and professional skills from WHO and it is will be near to my heart forever. Sometimes, I feel that my blood has one more component as compared to other i.e. NPSP-WHO.
I've a lot of knowledge for health. We celebrate the activities and beyond the meeting time when we go outdoor. For a typical day, we give care and support for patients every day of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at Hospital and team.
Pros
Health Care, Knowledge of Health
Cons
Although it is a good organization, it doesn't match my graduation and my dream career life.
good place to learners. learnt many things about the field. hard work and busy life with a less benefits other than salary. slow and tedious growth.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
no benefits other than salary
Worked in R12 upgrade in WHO. Hence it was a great learning experience in performing the upgrade and retrofitment. Gained good functional knowledge. And Job culture was good
I want to change my current job position.If have any post of any organization i will do it but one condition good salary, good nature of works, good environment.
Good work place in terms of the work environment and multi cultural teams but limited opportunities to learn and grow with tremendous job insecurity particularly for nationally recruited staff.
I always feel pride to work in this organization. There are many opportunities to learn through Staff Development tool. It's a very big organization worldwide and
Very good Organization. The Organization think about us. we r getting our salary on time. We had learned lot of things. Very friendly Place.
World Health Organization has lots of benefits, growth and training aspects both in headquarters and in the country and field offices.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Hard to find a job
Busy day through out the year with so many challenges and so much to learn. It has been a great experience to work with such a great organisation where i learn a lot on a daily basis. Perfect job for a public health specialist to start with.
International organization with lot of load. Systemic, planned tasks are given to employees for performance. Work includes clinical case management, capacity building, advocacy with government, data management. Appraisal done every 6 months. Good salary package with other benefits
Pros
Technical knowledge, career oriented, salary
Cons
Too much workload
exposure to projects, interaction with government officials, work environment full of challenges and opportunities