World Health Organization

Clear
3.9Pay & Benefits

healthgoodworkingjobworksalaryplaceculture

Reapectable job

I am cureently working in this company Very good. Friendly environment cooperative Supervisors.good salary all benifits available like medical insurance and leaves etc.

Very good work atmoshere

Work atmosphere is good,salary and perks are also good.No job security what so ever .Area of visit is spread over four districts for which extensive touring required to cover the vast area.

World Health Organization insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Support from manager

good place to work

good place to learners. learnt many things about the field. hard work and busy life with a less benefits other than salary. slow and tedious growth.

Pros

good work culture

Cons

no benefits other than salary

Office

World Health organization is reputed UN agency. Polio Program has been eliminated by more efforts organization. WHO conducting health monitoring with honesty and transparency.

Pros

Timely Salary

Cons

Long Hours

Office work

I want to change my current job position.If have any post of any organization i will do it but one condition good salary, good nature of works, good environment.

Fun Workplace

Very good Organization. The Organization think about us. we r getting our salary on time. We had learned lot of things. Very friendly Place.

World Health Organization

World Health Organization has lots of benefits, growth and training aspects both in headquarters and in the country and field offices.

Pros

Great working environment

Cons

Hard to find a job

International data driven health agency

International organization with lot of load. Systemic, planned tasks are given to employees for performance. Work includes clinical case management, capacity building, advocacy with government, data management. Appraisal done every 6 months. Good salary package with other benefits

Pros

Technical knowledge, career oriented, salary

Cons

Too much workload

Polio eradication

Work for Children Mondays Management collection of data making presentation

Pros

Learning

Cons

No any future benifits

Best in Medicines

I already worked with W.H.O & my experience was very nice...

Pros

Free Lunch

Excellent job to apply epidemiology in everyday practice

I look after a large geographical terrain with a population >7 million. I constantly have to judge my priorities and meet timelines. Priorities at work include investigating a suspected polio (AFP) or measles case, ensuring quality sample collection from case, follow-up of the case, advocacy with clinicians for regular reporting of a suspected polio and measles case, capacity building of health workers, and supportive supervision and monitoring of Routine Immunization. The most important thing that I learned while working as SMO is how to think on my feet. In this resource constrained area, one has to innovate- test- improve the solution continuously. Since I took over, AFP case detection rate has increased by about 25%, measles outbreaks have been reported from all the districts still no death is reported/ detected in surveys after our quick and effective intervention in each outbreak, I have also tactically solved the problem of missed areas in Supplementary Immunization Rounds of Polio vaccine by developing local leadership in one of the district. The hardest part of my job is to cope up with high pressure for producing results while maintaining processes, which I have successfully done for last more than 3 years.

Pros

Good salary, Esteemed position

Cons

Inconsistent working hours, huge travel (20-22 days a month)

Worked too hard , long duty hours, long travels, built capacity , data analysis , recruitment , lab medicine , TB control , HIV TB , Quality control

The hardest part is I lost time from family - totallyThat has been the hardest part. Now I question my self - where was the need to leave the family time as well ?

Pros

per diems and meetings in several places, updates

Cons

no leadership, erratic work schedules, salary structure, end of contract assignments, documentation, outsourcing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Health Organization. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare World Health Organization with