World Health Organization

World Health Organization Pay & Benefits reviews

I am cureently working in this company Very good. Friendly environment cooperative Supervisors.good salary all benifits available like medical insurance and leaves etc.
Work atmosphere is good,salary and perks are also good.No job security what so ever .Area of visit is spread over four districts for which extensive touring required to cover the vast area.
good place to learners. learnt many things about the field. hard work and busy life with a less benefits other than salary. slow and tedious growth.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
no benefits other than salary
World Health organization is reputed UN agency. Polio Program has been eliminated by more efforts organization. WHO conducting health monitoring with honesty and transparency.
Pros
Timely Salary
Cons
Long Hours
I want to change my current job position.If have any post of any organization i will do it but one condition good salary, good nature of works, good environment.
Very good Organization. The Organization think about us. we r getting our salary on time. We had learned lot of things. Very friendly Place.
World Health Organization has lots of benefits, growth and training aspects both in headquarters and in the country and field offices.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Hard to find a job
International organization with lot of load. Systemic, planned tasks are given to employees for performance. Work includes clinical case management, capacity building, advocacy with government, data management. Appraisal done every 6 months. Good salary package with other benefits
Pros
Technical knowledge, career oriented, salary
Cons
Too much workload
Work for Children Mondays Management collection of data making presentation
Pros
Learning
Cons
No any future benifits
I already worked with W.H.O & my experience was very nice...
Pros
Free Lunch
I look after a large geographical terrain with a population >7 million. I constantly have to judge my priorities and meet timelines. Priorities at work include investigating a suspected polio (AFP) or measles case, ensuring quality sample collection from case, follow-up of the case, advocacy with clinicians for regular reporting of a suspected polio and measles case, capacity building of health workers, and supportive supervision and monitoring of Routine Immunization. The most important thing that I learned while working as SMO is how to think on my feet. In this resource constrained area, one has to innovate- test- improve the solution continuously. Since I took over, AFP case detection rate has increased by about 25%, measles outbreaks have been reported from all the districts still no death is reported/ detected in surveys after our quick and effective intervention in each outbreak, I have also tactically solved the problem of missed areas in Supplementary Immunization Rounds of Polio vaccine by developing local leadership in one of the district. The hardest part of my job is to cope up with high pressure for producing results while maintaining processes, which I have successfully done for last more than 3 years.
Pros
Good salary, Esteemed position
Cons
Inconsistent working hours, huge travel (20-22 days a month)
The hardest part is I lost time from family - totallyThat has been the hardest part. Now I question my self - where was the need to leave the family time as well ?
Pros
per diems and meetings in several places, updates
Cons
no leadership, erratic work schedules, salary structure, end of contract assignments, documentation, outsourcing