World Health Organization

World Health Organization Work-Life Balance reviews

WHO - NPSP is a great place to work with. I have learnt all the personal and professional skills from WHO and it is will be near to my heart forever. Sometimes, I feel that my blood has one more component as compared to other i.e. NPSP-WHO.
I've a lot of knowledge for health. We celebrate the activities and beyond the meeting time when we go outdoor. For a typical day, we give care and support for patients every day of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at Hospital and team.
Pros
Health Care, Knowledge of Health
Cons
Although it is a good organization, it doesn't match my graduation and my dream career life.
good place to learners. learnt many things about the field. hard work and busy life with a less benefits other than salary. slow and tedious growth.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
no benefits other than salary
World Health organization is reputed UN agency. Polio Program has been eliminated by more efforts organization. WHO conducting health monitoring with honesty and transparency.
Pros
Timely Salary
Cons
Long Hours
A typical day at work- Being a SMO, my job profile is doing advocacy and supporting the district in surveillance activities(Vaccine Preventable Disease Surveillance), strengthening of routine immunization activities, pulse polio immunization activities, supporting district in newer vaccines launch & roll out. Learning-My profile as SMO has helped me grow as a public health professional.I have learned doing data analysis and advocacy with the analysed data with the district health officials for strengthening of various program indicators.My profile has given me the opportunity to working as a team with different WHO colleagues working in the district as well as working as a team with partner agencies with predefined role and responsibility of each partner agency. Management-I am overall responsible for my team comprising of an Administrative Assistant, Drivers and Field Monitors. Workplace Culture-It is good as you are part of a small WHO family in the district. Hardest Part of Job- When the data based feedback is not taken positively by the district health department. Most Enjoyable part of Job-When the suggestions for strengthening of health indicators are acknowledged and implemented by the district administration.
Pros
Appreciation of your work by the District eg. by District Magistrate
Cons
Monotonous Job, Long working Hours, Difficulty in Work Life Balance
Monday is the typical day at work, Learned Technical and management things. stress, stick on to the chair, meetings and trainings in out side of the state with Colleagues is the enjoyment part
Good work place in terms of the work environment and multi cultural teams but limited opportunities to learn and grow with tremendous job insecurity particularly for nationally recruited staff.
I always feel pride to work in this organization. There are many opportunities to learn through Staff Development tool. It's a very big organization worldwide and
Very good Organization. The Organization think about us. we r getting our salary on time. We had learned lot of things. Very friendly Place.
World Health Organization has lots of benefits, growth and training aspects both in headquarters and in the country and field offices.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Hard to find a job
International management standards, hard work culture with highly efficient professional for improving the health of public by giving very best health care services to their door step.
Pros
Good trainings & motivations
Cons
Long hours to support public health
because i m superviser in this fild.so i enjoyed the work.i checked the all things in child related
Pros
supervisory visit
Cons
small pay scale
It is an honor to be even associated with WHO, the last few months have been very rewarding for me. I have learnt the value of evidence based decision making for advocacy and policy making purpose here. The work culture is very good, everyone is highly cooperative and is always ready to offer a helping hand. The value of team work at WHO is exemplary. The passion that drives the employees at WHO is inspiring as well and has motivated me to do any job at hand with my heart and soul soaked in it.
exposure to projects, interaction with government officials, work environment full of challenges and opportunities