World Health Organization

World Health Organization Employee Reviews

WHO provides its staff and workforce with physical, psychological, social, financial and organizational working conditions that protect and promote health and safety. It enables managers and workers to increase control over their own health and to improve it, and to become more energetic, positive with more opportunities to grow in life.
Pros
It provides free facilities for in house Gym, yoga classes, and subsidized food
Cons
Punctuality
good and efficient I would definitely recommend. Work involves coordinating and engaging with Ministry of health counterparts and working on national level policies.
A typical day at work was very encouraging and the day ended with so many new challenges addressed as well as to be addressed. Very encouraging and open work culture and flexibility of work time/schedule. Interacting with people at various cadres: from Chief Minister-Health Minister-Principal Secretary-Director Health services to district officials, including district magistrates to grass-root level workers like Angan Wadi and ASHA. Public health demands managing program and managing people: More challenging is managing PEOPLE. I did it well! Hardship is an integral part of public health job in WHO. Demanding geographical terrains in Bihar and North East are learning experiences. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a smile on the face of the parents in Kosi riverine villages in Bihar, when their children receive any vaccine for the first time in their life. This made my day.
Pros
Happy work culture.
Cons
Nil
Intresting work But too many risks and also too many work load..one man take a whole individual block..who don't know about world health organisation (W.H.O)
I have worked with oracle issues related to eExp batches and suppliers...solved the issues...eExpenditure is a custom module developed for the transfer of expenditures between PTAEOs.
Pros
good team work
Very good Organization. The Organization think about us. we r getting our salary on time. We had learned lot of things. Very friendly Place.
World Health Organization has lots of benefits, growth and training aspects both in headquarters and in the country and field offices.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Hard to find a job
International management standards, hard work culture with highly efficient professional for improving the health of public by giving very best health care services to their door step.
Pros
Good trainings & motivations
Cons
Long hours to support public health
Busy day through out the year with so many challenges and so much to learn. It has been a great experience to work with such a great organisation where i learn a lot on a daily basis. Perfect job for a public health specialist to start with.
The WHO sponsored me during my accademic pursuit to become a Professional Doctor. All its staff were helpful, supportive and cordially working .
Pros
provission of regular monthly stipen
Cons
Organization: HDFC Life Designation: Sales Development Manager Duration: June 2010 to June 2011 Job Profile: Recruit the financial consultants. Generate business through the financial consultant. Provide service to customers and consultants
International organization with lot of load. Systemic, planned tasks are given to employees for performance. Work includes clinical case management, capacity building, advocacy with government, data management. Appraisal done every 6 months. Good salary package with other benefits
Pros
Technical knowledge, career oriented, salary
Cons
Too much workload
Work for Children Mondays Management collection of data making presentation
Pros
Learning
Cons
No any future benifits
because i m superviser in this fild.so i enjoyed the work.i checked the all things in child related
Pros
supervisory visit
Cons
small pay scale
I already worked with W.H.O & my experience was very nice...
Pros
Free Lunch
Loved working with World Health Organization. Its was a great place to work.
I look after a large geographical terrain with a population >7 million. I constantly have to judge my priorities and meet timelines. Priorities at work include investigating a suspected polio (AFP) or measles case, ensuring quality sample collection from case, follow-up of the case, advocacy with clinicians for regular reporting of a suspected polio and measles case, capacity building of health workers, and supportive supervision and monitoring of Routine Immunization. The most important thing that I learned while working as SMO is how to think on my feet. In this resource constrained area, one has to innovate- test- improve the solution continuously. Since I took over, AFP case detection rate has increased by about 25%, measles outbreaks have been reported from all the districts still no death is reported/ detected in surveys after our quick and effective intervention in each outbreak, I have also tactically solved the problem of missed areas in Supplementary Immunization Rounds of Polio vaccine by developing local leadership in one of the district. The hardest part of my job is to cope up with high pressure for producing results while maintaining processes, which I have successfully done for last more than 3 years.
Pros
Good salary, Esteemed position
Cons
Inconsistent working hours, huge travel (20-22 days a month)
It is an honor to be even associated with WHO, the last few months have been very rewarding for me. I have learnt the value of evidence based decision making for advocacy and policy making purpose here. The work culture is very good, everyone is highly cooperative and is always ready to offer a helping hand. The value of team work at WHO is exemplary. The passion that drives the employees at WHO is inspiring as well and has motivated me to do any job at hand with my heart and soul soaked in it.
exposure to projects, interaction with government officials, work environment full of challenges and opportunities
The hardest part is I lost time from family - totallyThat has been the hardest part. Now I question my self - where was the need to leave the family time as well ?
Pros
per diems and meetings in several places, updates
Cons
no leadership, erratic work schedules, salary structure, end of contract assignments, documentation, outsourcing
I have got true IT exposure by working with CMM Level 5 company.Also was working with multiple teams across geographies. Worked on-site in UK, Ireland, South Aferica as well as in South America.Have got good Project Delivery experience for both Application Development as well as Service Management. Have handled crucial Project and Delivered them successfully.Learn a lot during the whole time in the organization.Successfully made service transition of Boots, UK account to off-shore in India. Received appreciation from Delivery Director of Boots as well. Have Handled multiple Projects.Transition/services was based on ITIL process. Also having Prince 2 certification.
Pros
flex timings, work from home